5G-MOBIX will develop and test automated vehicle functionalities using 5G core technological innovations along multiple cross-border corridors and urban trial sites, under conditions of vehicular traffic, network coverage, service demand, as well as considering the inherently distinct legal, business and social local aspects.The project will evaluate benefits in the CCAM context as well as define deployment scenarios and identify and respond to standardisation and spectrum gaps.The expected benefit of 5G will be tested during trials on 5G corridors in different EU countries as well as China and Korea.Several automated mobility use cases are potential candidates to benefit from 5G such as cooperative overtake, highway lane merging, truck platooning, valet parking, urban environment driving, road user detection, vehicle remote control, see through, HD map update, media & entertainment. 5G-MOBIX is part of the European Commission’s 5G Public Private Partnership, which is a joint initiative between the European Commission and European ICT industry (ICT manufacturers, telecommunications operators, service providers, SMEs and researcher Institutions). It is coordinated by Ertico. There are 55 partners from 10 countries from the EU, Turkey, China and Korea.
This project will examine the implications of 5G and its role in the future of autonomous driving.
5G-MOBIX will develop and test automated vehicle functionalities using 5G core technological innovations along multiple cross-border corridors and urban trial sites, under conditions of vehicular traffic, network coverage, service demand, as well as considering the inherently distinct legal, business and social local aspects.
|Effective start/end date||1/11/18 → 31/07/22|
- European Road Transport Telematics Implementation Coordination Organisation (ERTICO) (lead)
- VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland
- Aalto University
- Asociación Española del Vehículo Autónomo Conectado (AEVAC)
- AKKA Technologies
- ALSA Grupo S.L.U.
- AtoBe Mobility Technology S.A.
- Satellite Applications Catapult Ltd
- Center for Computer Graphics (CCG)
- COSMOTE Mobile Telecommunications S.A.
- CTAG - Automotive Technology Centre of Galicia
- DEKRA Testing & Certification S.A.U.
- Central Traffic Headquarters (DGT)
- Ericsson Hellas S.A.
- Ford Otomotiv Sanayi A.Ş
- Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft zur Förderung der angewandten Forschung e. V.
- GT-ARC gGmbH
- Institute of Communication and Computer Systems (ICCS)
- Institute for Mobility and Transport (IMT)
- Infraestruturas de Portugal S.A.
- Intrasoft International S.A.
- Instituto Superior de Engenharia de Lisboa
- Instituto de Telecomunicações
- Koninklijke KPN N.V.
- Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology
- Nokia Spain SA
- Auto-Estradas Norte Litoral - Sociedade Concessionária - AENL, S.A.
- Sensible 4 Oy
- Siemens Mobility Unipessoal Lda
- Telefónica Investigación y Desarrollo S.A.
- TIS.pt – Consultores em Transportes Inovação e Sistemas, S.A.
- Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO)
- Technical University of Berlin
- Eindhoven University of Technology (TU/e)
- TURKCELL Teknoloji Araştırma ve Geliştirme A.Ş.
- University of Luxembourg
- University of Murcia
- Valeo Schalter und Sensoren GmbH
- VeDeCoM Institute
- Ayuntamiento de Vigo
- WINGS ICT Solutions Information & Communication Technologies IKE
- Nokia Solutions And Networks Portugal S.A.
- Ericsson Araştırma Geliştirme ve Bilişim Hizmetleri A.Ş.
- Industry Software and Services B.V.
- Interuniversitair Micro-Electronica Centrum (IMEC)
- NOS Technology - Concepção, Construção e Gestão de Redes de Comunicações, S.A.
- Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TÜBITAK)
- Technical University of Madrid
Explore the research topics touched on by this project. These labels are generated based on the underlying awards/grants. Together they form a unique fingerprint.