Projects per year
Enable component inspection to the nanometre scale.
The measurement performance of new X-ray systems that can inspect component dimensions down to the nanometre scale depends on the focal spot size and shape. However, no standard method exists for spot sizes below 5 µm.
Project develops new standard practices for characterising X-ray focal spots down to 100 nm with high levels of accuracy.
VTT MIKES identifies strategies for measurement of different gauge structures and performs SEM measurements on nanometre gauges.
Call 2018: Metrology for Pre- and Co-normative Research
This project has received funding from the EMPIR programme co-financed by the Participating States and from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
|Effective start/end date||1/07/19 → 30/06/22|
- Federal Institute for Materials Research and Testing Berlin (BAM) (lead)
- BA66 National metrology institute VTT MIKES
- Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS) (Project partner)
- Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) (Project partner)
- Commissariat a l'Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives (CEA) (Project partner)
- Excillum AB (Project partner)
- KOWOTEST Gesellschaft für Prüfausrüstung mbH (Project partner)
- X-RAY WorX GmbH (Project partner)
- YXLON International GmbH (Project partner)
- Carl Zeiss X-Ray Microscopy, Inc. (Project partner)
- EURAMET e.V.
- X-ray tube
- X-ray focal spot