Projects per year
Traceable calibration services for 3D nanometrology
A need to improve accuracy in 3D nanometrology measurements has arisen from progressive miniaturisation of advanced nanomanufacturing.
Project aims to meet current and future requirements for 3D traceable dimensional metrology at nanometre level with uncertainties less than 1 nm.
VTT MIKES reduces the noise level increases the measurement range of its metrological atomic force microscope and develops reference materials for calibration of 3D-nanometrologymeasurements.
Call 2015: SI Broader Scope
This project has received funding from the EMPIR programme co-financed by the Participating States and from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme.
|Effective start/end date||1/10/16 → 30/09/19|
- BA66 National metrology institute VTT MIKES (lead)
- Czech Metrology Institute (CMI) (Project partner)
- Danish National Metrology Institute (DFM) (Project partner)
- National Physical Laboratory (NPL) (Project partner)
- German National Metrology Institute (Project partner)
- Belgian National Metrology Institute (SMD) (Project partner)
- Dutch Metrology Institute (VSL) (Project partner)
- Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (Project partner)
- National Centre of Scientific Research Demokritos (Project partner)
- Netherlands Organisation for Applied Scientific Research (TNO) (Project partner)
- National Metrological Institute (INRIM) (Project partner)
- Federal Institute of Metrology (METAS) (Project partner)
- EURAMET e.V.
- atomic force microscopy
- scanning probe microscopy
- dimensional metrology